1. Original Penguin Dress Shirts- The classic mens sportswear brand has brought their 'A' game to their dress shirt game. Whether dressing a preppy #CaptainKennedy for a Fall Nantucket trip or a #SouthernCharmer in Florida, they are have stepped outside their American Sportswear box. Made from 100% Cotton and with a Liquid Ammonia Fabric Finish, it ensures that you can wear these dress shirts day to night without breaking a sweat. The standouts we like are the sunglasses print, seemingly another average plain black and white dress shirt, until you get closer. Fashionable yet tongue-in-cheek enough to get away with at any office. Our other favorite is the abstract print, where you can pair with a navy suit or dress down with a light-washed ripped jeans.
2. Sebago Embossed Croc- The hand-sewn boat shoe that started it all get an elevated update. Bored of the usual moccasins we see out on the market, the brown embossed croco elevates the shoe from simple to sophisticated. Given the same treatment as all of their moccasins, the construction of the shoe is wrapped in a single piece of leather, therefore creating a perfect fit unique to your foot. We believe that embossed croco always looks better on browns over blacks since you're able to see the high-grade leather used and more of the print.
3. Fleur'd Pins- The men's classic pins are now on their fourth year and better than ever. Founder Andrew Werner tells us that he took two different approaches to Fall. The first is fun metallics for "guys who want to match their metal tones". For those more subtle, its a nice hint of metallic to spruce up a classic black suit. The second approach is more subtle, using classic hues such as Navy, Hunter Green, and Saddle (pictured below). Werner tells us that the saddle is a "best-seller, which give a dapper dan the ability to match his shoes with a fashion-forward way to set his look apart and be noticed for having great style and sophistication." The saddle is a great color and can be used subtle to give an extra punch to a plain outfit or for any man to match their bag/shoes.
4. Lacoste Color-Blocking Sweater- Our favorite preppy company takes a street-wear twist with their latest color-blocking sweater. Made in France for premium crafting, the contrasting stand-up collar give the perfect contrast to their staple navy. The mid-sleeve length of the sweater keeps it fall and not too heavy as sweaters can tend to be. The wool-cotton blend makes it just warm enough to wear on its own, but not too warm as to feel the need to take it off. The embroidered green crocodile appliqué on chest gives it the signature Lacoste stamp. We suggest wearing the sweater with joggers for streetwear or for jeans if you want to go preppy.
5. CAT Footwear Orson Boot- CAT Footwear continues to give us their classic American style with updated flare for today's fashion. The Orson boot is a must-have staple for any man up north for Fall- especially running around a city all day. The boot is only made with the very best leathers CAT Footwear has to offer with EAES comfort technology and construction that is unique to their brand. The durable rubber sole is great for traction and walking easier over other boots that have a leather sole. What we like most about the boot are the subtle stitching detail throughout the boot, elevating it from any other common black boot. At $150, they are a great investment since they will last you for seasons on end and go with nearly any outfit.
6. 'CR7 Denim' Woven Shirts- Expanding his line of menswear, international soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo's new woven shirts are done with a meticulous attention to detail. Fitting to his European flair, the woven shirts are a super-slim fit and are crafted from a modern stretch poplin which is a great fabric to move around in all day. While great for Fall with warm blues, greens, and reds, the collection is meant to be seasonless, transitional and able to be worn year round. The technology Ronaldo engineered into his shirts is called"clima cool properties" which allow any of our #labelingmen to be cool in the summer and warmer in the winter. The range of shirts are great- from a solid white and camo print, any guy can pick one and be more than satisfied. Price is also key here- Ronaldo wanted the shirts to be accessible and at a 'fair price'- at $69-$89, we would say he did just that.
By Nisim Frank
CR7 photos courtesy of AMP3
Fleur'd Pins photos courtesy of Andrew Werner
All other photos courtesy of respective websites