Fall 2018 Fashion Gift Guide
New season, new clothing. Check out some of our must-haves for Fall 2018.
1. Original Penguin Vertical Striped Shirt- This season, we've seen the return of exaggerated thicker stripes and this one by Original Penguin is our favorite. A New York City go-to, the monochrome black and white is an easy go-to for suiting or pair it with jeans and a black leather belt. The light-weight cotton is perfect for the temperature changes during the Fall season. The slim-fit insures a clean, not boxy look, sleep and modern looking. This should be a wardrobe staple for years to come, even if the exaggerated stripe trend goes away.
2. 2Xist Essential Contour Pouch- An essential which isn't talked about enough in mens fashion is briefs. The last thing you want to do is itch down there all day. 2Xist is the go-to for mens briefs and we're particularly into the "Essential Contour Collection". Not too skimpy but definitely not some old brief, the briefs are made for a guy on-the-go. 2xist's signature contour pouch gives many guys much needed extra support that isn't found in many other places. The super soft Pima cotton distinguishes 2Xist from the competition and they machine wash well without stretching out. We recommend buying the 3-pack in black or white to start, then add color to your brief wardrobe as you see fit.
3. Lacoste Sport Jersey Polo x Novak Djokovic- When we heard Lacoste signed our favorite tennis player Novak Djokovic, we were thrilled to say the least. Now that Djokovic has won Wimbledon and the US Open back to back, his fashion choices have been brought back into the spotlight. The ultra-dry jersey polo features an original graphic print and a mesh panel, which makes this perfect to pair with your basic tennis shorts. This shirt can even be worn to a lunch after a light game of tennis, the fashion behind it is impeccable. Made in four different colors, we'd be hard-pressed to choose just one as they all came out looking great. The way we see it, if its good enough for a back-to-back Grand Slam winner than its good enough for any other tennis player.
4. Original Penguin Slim Fit Corduroy Chino- A modern take on the classic corduroy pant that has come back as a Fall staple. Penguin transforms these first by nixing the ridges which men complain rub up against their leg. The pants still have a softness to them and without those ridges, they become easier to wear year-round. Another issue that we have with Cord pants is that they are ridged & stiff- but Penguin fixes that too! They put a little bit of spandex in it so they stretch and allow you to be comfortable. We love the subtle texture of the pants, making them look fancy yet super comfortable- We're going to display just that by wearing them to a wedding and then a casual look this week. While we love black, we also recommend the Navy as its hard to find a good navy that isn't too black and for preppy #labelingmen, this could be paired with a variety of outfits.
5. Klasse14 Rainbow Watch- We found out about this up-and-coming brand courtesy of our friends at Seventh House PR. We're obsessed with unique watches at Labeling Men and the Volare Rainbow Watch just stood out above the rest. The one-of-a-kind design unisex watch exudes individuality and confidence. The rainbow color while prominent isn't obnoxious and tastefully done, providing a pop of color to a mens basic outfit. The conic shape is Klasse's signatured pattern shape and the angled time hands are specifically made to block glares and reflections. The watch is of the highest quality, made with Scratch Resistant Mineral Crystal Glass, the band out of top leather and suede backing, and is even water-resistant up to 50ATM.
6. Fluer'd Pins Travel Case- Accessories can get crushed, stained, or ruined while traveling even short distances. The metal case is perfect for any of your Fluer'd Pins that you may have or any bow tie as well. Founder Andrew Werner tells us "With a change of accessories, such as Fleur'd Pins and a fresh new shirt, it's a whole new look without lugging an entire outfit around". We couldn't agree more with Werner- pack a simple pin and a statement one with two shirts and the outfits multiply!
7. Mens Bonsai Shirt from LALF- Every man needs a basic shirt in their closet and this one is the best of the best. Sustainability has become more and more important not only to us, but to our readers as well. Made only from vegan and organic materials, the polo is made from Fair Trade in Peru. The polo's breathable cotton jersey allows you to wear it all day while not sweating and the sleeves are hemmed for a more refined look. We would pair them with the Original Penguin corduroys we mentioned above or if you want to keep it more casual, a denim is always an easy option. The limited edition collection is LALF's debut and it was done to support DSWT which is an organization that is a rehabilitation center for orphaned elephants. Anytime fashion supports a good cause like that, you can sign us up for it and well-made clothing is the added bonus.
Photos courtesy of Original Penguin, Lacoste, Seventh House PR, Now & Zen, & AMP3.
By Nisim Frank